Trying in the Bush

Our journey as we try to bring a miracle to life while living in a remote bush village in Alaska.

We live in a fishing village, fish and caribou are the main staples of most people's diet here, supplemented with moose, various types of fowl, and the occasional beaver.  Of course none of this comes in pretty supermarket packages, you have to do the dirty work.  When it comes to dealing with fish that is my job, I clean them and cook them generally.  Until today.  A gentleman brought us 3 beautiful lush fish (same family as catfish) some of my family's favorite fish, yum!  I have been dealing with feeling dizzy since yesterday and today nausea has set in...so I suggested that maybe Dh should deal with filleting the fish, problem was, he had no idea how to go about it, and Lush have an odd kind of skin (its slipper kind of like an eel) and an odd body shape, so he was really lost.  I finally jumped in to help, fearful of ruining all that yummy fish meat (never mind that at the moment the thought of cooking that meat was making my stomach roll)....handled that fine, showed him how, handed the controls back over, planning to supervise...and then the smell hit me, and I ended up bent over a toilet...never has butchering anything made me gag or even a little nauseous...so a good sign, I dare hope!  Did I mention I have also been super dizzy the last two days, and umm a bit gassy...boobies are still sore and I am biting my nails until testing day! Got to go for now, stomach is rolling again...am I crazy that this nausea makes me smile just a bit?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am mother of seven adopted children, manager of chaos, lover of all things beautiful, I can be emotional, dramatic, and a general pain at times, but I'm always me!

Followers