Trying in the Bush

Our journey as we try to bring a miracle to life while living in a remote bush village in Alaska.

It's 1 a.m. right now, and I want to be in bed sleeping... looked forward to sleeping since about 5 p.m. Why am I up?  Well first there was the 9:30 call from a friend, her husband had a seizure and she needed me to meet her at the clinic to help with the babies so she could be with him.. of course I said, pulling snow pants over my jammies and telling hubby to unplug the car and warm it up...we were back home about an hour later and I headed to bed, sweet dreams were calling my name.  I snuggled down and waited to drift off... then my hips started hurting, so I flipped over on my belly.. that made my heartburn worse and my stomach start cramping, so over onto my side, still have heartburn issues and now my hip is hurting even worse.  About midnight Dh came to bed to find me still awake tossing and turning, he asked if he could do anything to help and I asked for some tums, the heartburn was getting worse even on my back now, partly propped up.  So he brought be some, I chewed, swallowed, and sighed.. surely now I'll get that sleep I want...then I realized, I have to fricken pee!!!!  I try to ignore it, but as I lay there I realize the heartburn is also returning, so decide to kill two birds with one stone. Up to empty my bladder (no I'm not frequently urinating, at least I wasn't.. this may or may not be a thing?)  and then take another couple of tums... heart burn gone, check, bladder empty, check..maybe I can finally get some sleep.. settle in and feel myself drifting, and then a new uncomfortable sensation starts to replace the heartburn.. nausea.. try to ignore it, but it's not easing up, it's getting worse.. then Dh turns over in bed.. and that was all she wrote.. up to the bathroom where I spent the last 10 minutes hunched over the toilet dry heaving into it... note to self, if one must throw up, please at least make sure there is something in there to throw up!  So now here I sit.. belly seems to feel better, and I've decided I won't be returning to bed.. the couch looks much more inviting tonight...I told Baby Mine, tonight as I lay in bed, he could make himself known any time...if this is his doing.. well all I can say is he got his humor from me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am mother of seven adopted children, manager of chaos, lover of all things beautiful, I can be emotional, dramatic, and a general pain at times, but I'm always me!

Followers